Sunday, February 05, 2006

somewhat machiavellian

I guess I sort of knew that...

You Are Somewhat Machiavellian

You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!


One of the most interesting passages in the Bible for me is Matthew 10:16 where Christ gives his disciples the following instructions: "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." For the longest time, in the back of my mind I've thought if I ever write some kind of science fiction story about some Christian theocratic government coming to power in the US, then that would probably be the motto of their intelligence agency.

2 comments:

La Madre said...

i got same results as you "somewhat machiaveliian"

Abdul-Halim V. said...

Actually, I think the test is rigged. I tried to answer as a super idealist and also as a super cynic and both came out "somewhat machivellian". There is probably no other result.